Wednesday, November 16, 2016

paper thin

if my blood were ink
than i'd only bleed
when words were knives
cutting into my
paper thin skin
in the sleepless 
dead of night,
when they
refuse to leave my mind.

and all i see is black
dripping from my hands
and the horror, 
of my heart still throbbing.

the words 
bleed together
until 
all i have left of this is
my still grasping heart 
as the agony 
grows worse
 i can't stop
 loving.

there is a sense 
of there being such a 
small distance between
the words 
and the one who holds
the pen
that i wonder if 
they aren't really
just the same.

where does the beauty stop 
and the pain begin?

if my heart is seeping
if i am covered in this ink, 
no this blood,
of these wounds
then how is it still
beating
aching 
begging 

grasping for just a hint 
of a sign 
that i'm not actually 
alone again.

No comments:

Post a Comment