Tuesday, November 21, 2017

ancient script

as love letters go,
my heart quickens as I read 
the words written in 
ancient script 
inscribed not merely with ink 
but inspired and pressed, no engraved 
for eternity by the one
 who holds the keys to death and hades,
 but most importantly, our perfect promise; 
Yashua's paradise. 

though long ago my young heart learned 
to distrust those who say they'll protect, 
defend and fight for me, 
through patience only One entirely 
outside of time could have,
 He's revealed to me how faithful and true 
He has been to Israel, and still will continue to be. 
Who have I been, to question His love for me? 
when He spent all of time writing in, my perfect beckoning? 
His Spirit whispers tenderly, 
"love, I will teach you to trust, once again".
like a sapling grafted in, 
my heart is filled with assurance
 as I've come to understand this: I am now His. 

promises given long ago 
to young Zion still stand strong, 
His words of hope my only truth
 to hold onto through the many storms 
I've weathered through, 
like a lighthouse in my darkest, 
most dreadful night, 
He is faithful, 
always waiting on the near shore for me. 

I've heard the sound of many voices
 singing in one harmonious unity, 
our souls longing for Him to find us pure; holy. 

Yahoshua, hear the sound
 of my brothers and sisters longing,
 our hearts cry together, 
Zions voice is growing louder, 
as the day of the Lord approaches quicker,
 the spirit and the bride say, "come"

No comments:

Post a Comment