Tuesday, November 21, 2017

for my little bird

little bird, I've seen your spirit soar
your voice the soft notes of
pure innocence 
and in your gold brown eyes I've seen a joy 
so rare often times it's been mistaken
for ignorance 
though I know better now:
you have long guarded and protected it, 
knowing it's true weight and value. 
my little bird, you're truly a rare and precious gem, 
don't let this world take from you
 a gift given only by the hands of 
the One who has fashioned your very soul 
and every part of you that makes you who are.
hold onto that
and with His truth,
let your heart be bold,
showing kindness where you only receive hostility, 
and grace where no grace has been given,
 for truly to fulfill His greatest commandments is to seek Him, 
and to put others first, above yourself. 
you are my perfect sunshine on my many grey days, 
the smile that's contagious every time i see your face,
 the one who taught me again how to laugh freely and without restrain, 
you are arms to embrace
and the one of many who make our place
 here on this earth a golden shadow of our true home.

No comments:

Post a Comment